Mission & Goals
The Foundation’s mission is to improve access to justice and make legal processes and regulatory compliance more efficient through the use of open source software. We welcome individuals and organizations around the world to join us in this effort.
- Fostering worldwide education about the benefits of open source software;
- Providing a central platform for legal professionals to collaborate on open source development projects; and
- Distributing open source software under free license to individuals and organizations around the world to improve access to justice and for legal and regulatory compliance.
The Merlin Foundation seeks people and organizations from all parts of the world who have a passion for improving the legal profession and the legal process through open source collaboration and secure cloud computing.
In furtherance of this mission, the Merlin Foundation will:
- Create a home for legal professionals and technologists interested in using open source software to improve access to justice and make legal operations and regulatory compliance more efficient and cost effective.
- Teach legal professionals about the benefits and cost savings that come from using open source software.
- Support developers building legal open source software through collaboration, mentorship, online resources and licensing assistance.
- Maintain a central repository of open source software for individuals and organizations to use for legal and compliance functions.
- Publish a listing of individuals and organizations who develop and support legal open source software.
You can learn more about open source software here. We welcome individuals and organizations around the world to join us in carrying out our mission and tackling these goals.